Workplace Wellness (Virtual) – Discount Code Living23
Workplace Wellness workshops are presented in a four-part series. Each workshop session is a full day of training covering separate topics over a four-week period. The sessions may be taken separately.
Workplace Wellness One: Moving Beyond “I’m fine” – May 9, 2023
This full-day interactive session is for those employees whose working conditions and identities as workers have been changed and challenged by the pandemic. Through guided conversation and reflective activities, participants will engage with many of the complex mental health topics that are relevant to workers right now, such as surge capacity, ambiguous loss, and moral tension. By the end of the session, participants will be empowered to re-examine their experiences using newly acquired vocabulary and personal insight to move their needle towards wellness and compassion, both for themselves and others.
- Understand workplace wellness concepts of surge capacity, ambiguous loss, and moral tension.
- Using the “stress bucket” activity participants with can reflect on their own stress points and build self-awareness.
- Explore the Social Compass™ Tool to assess mental health and social capacity of work environments.
Workplace Wellness Two: From Burnout towards Sustainability – May 16, 2023
This full-day interactive session aims to support employees with practical tools to enhance their workplace wellness during challenging times. Participants will examine compassion fatigue and compassion satisfaction through the lens of their own professional quality of life. By understanding what the warning signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue and burnout may look like in ourselves and others, we will be better prepared to respond by prioritizing well-being and mitigating potential harm to individuals, clients, and our organization. Participants will leave the session with practical tools and protective strategies to care for their mental health and minimize the experience of fatigue that can come from working in empathetically demanding jobs.
- Assess their professional quality of life (ProQOL 5)
- Explore the positive and negative impacts that can result from working in human service positions including compassion satisfaction and compassion fatigue
- Identify the signs of compassion fatigue and burnout in themselves and others
- Employ practical workplace strategies and interventions to preserve mental health and promote self-sustainability
Workplace Wellness Three: Reflective Practice – May 23, 2023
Reflective Practice is a tool that translates and supports the space between various levels of accountability within an organization. Participants will have the opportunity to build a common language that creates space for growth at all levels of an organization. We will explore the wisdom in the room related to the behavioural competencies that participants already employ in their workplaces. Together, we will then apply the activating competencies of assertiveness, perseverance, and respectful curiosity to their context.
- Explore the role of met and unmet needs in the workplace environment and how that shows up in our professional competencies (knowledge, behavioural, and activating).
- Build understanding around what reflective practice offers to different supervisory spaces, including the role of the practitioner in the context of supervision.
- Employ practical tools that build self-awareness including a self-assessment of your own perceptions and ideas.
- Build capacity related to communication with the different roles, goals, and techniques within an organization.
- Explore strategies and tools to support moving from communication(talk) to consolidation (or action) related to reflective learning.
Workplace Wellness Four: Supervision – May 30, 2023
Supervision is often associated with stress and anxiety in the workplace; however, this session explores how to communicate and consolidate learning within supervisory relationships.
It takes a more practical approach to documentation and communication within the separate roles of supervision. By exploring the power of curiosity, mentoring, and relationships, this session focuses on tools for supervisors to support a space for reflective supervision. It attempts to address the fear of, “What if I say what I really feel?” and the supervisor’s fear of, “Now that I know about it, what do I do?” We look forward to learning together and supporting the human needs that show up at work.
- Create a space for sharing wisdom from within the group, related to tools of the trade. Supervisors can share what works within their organization as well as learn from other supervisors in the space.
- Employ practical tools that support goal communication, mentoring and playfulness in building relationships with practitioners.
- Explore tools that help supervisors when staff experience trauma or life experiences that interfere with a person’s ability to “show up” for work.
Edmonton and area participants enter discount code Living23 during checkout on the provider’s website.
|Dates||Name of Training or Education||Provider||Link|
|Date: May 9||Training/Education: Workplace Wellness (Virtual) - Discount Code Living23||Provider: Imagine Institute for Learning||REGISTER|
|Date: May 16||Training/Education: Workplace Wellness (Virtual) - Discount Code Living23||Provider: Imagine Institute for Learning||REGISTER|
|Date: May 23||Training/Education: Workplace Wellness (Virtual) - Discount Code Living23||Provider: Imagine Institute for Learning||REGISTER|
|Date: May 30||Training/Education: Workplace Wellness (Virtual) - Discount Code Living23||Provider: Imagine Institute for Learning||REGISTER|